Saturday 28 May 2011

I Don't Like Surprises.

Well, that's not completely true. I don't like surprises when I'm told that I'm going to be surprised.

I have a lot of issues, and one of those issues is definitely relationships. I tend to have no fucking idea what I want. I pretty much broke-up with my ex on a whim, but it turns out that that whim was a good idea. Don't get me wrong, he's a great guy, but I realized that if I stayed in the relationship with him, it just wouldn't be healthy. The long-distance, him being closeted... yada yada yada.

But.

There are those fleeting moments (or days, really) when I'm like, "Damn. He could provide stability. Stability is good. He's a great guy. Wouldn't hurt to just settle." These moments are usually spiced with pangs of loneliness and self-pity. Ew, right?

But.

Right now I'm in the let'spartyandgetfuckingtrashed zone. No feeling sorry for myself, no being lonely, and definitely hooking up with people I probably shouldn't (i.e. - old coworkers).

Recently the ex has told me that he's got a surprise. Like, a big one. And it's freaking me the fuck out. I've known that he's wanted to go to Yale forever, so it wouldn't be too big a surprise if he actually got in. Yale's in New England. No biggie. However, I feel like this surprise has to do with his job and I know he can be transferred to California, and this definitely worries me. I wouldn't put it past him to move here and try to get back together. I don't think I want that.

But.

I don't know.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. A surprise that you know is coming is the worst kind. I hope that whatever it is it is good for you, and not just him and what he thinks will be good for you. Yale good, California not so.

    xxx

    unless of course you just want to get to shagging him again in which case California OK. :p

    ReplyDelete